Sunday 11 May 2014

Weekly Wrap-Up (1)


I have had a pretty uneventful week, but it's my first full week back on the blog, so that's special! It feels like longer for some reason, but I'm enjoying every minute of it. 



  1. I went for coffee with a friend - This may seem like it's not a big deal, but it is to me. On Friday my (only) friend in my hometown picked me up and we hung out for about two hours, grabbing Starbucks before going to the farmer's market and a few other shops. This is important because I've been trying to make plans with this girl for like three weeks and she keeps backing out at the last minute, leaving me lonely and disappointed.
  2. I got a job interview! - I've been looking for a part-time summer job (or two) while I'm in my hometown for the summer and have been applying pretty much everywhere I can think of. I noticed a few weeks ago that my local public library is hiring a new page, so I sent in my resume and cover letter, making sure to include the fact that I plan to be a librarian someday. And a few days ago, they called me back for an interview! It isn't until Wednesday, but I'm very excited (and nervous)!
  3. I spent a lot of quality time with my mum - Living at home kind of sucks in a lot of ways. I'm used to having a lot of freedom to do what I want, when I want, without having to tell anyone what I'm doing unless I want to. My mum is lovely about letting me live with her for the summer and she recognises that I'm an adult, but she gets worried if I go out without letting her know where I'm going/approximately when I'll be back. I don't leave the house much, so this isn't that bad, but still. LOVE YOU, MUM!





  • The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen
  • Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan
  • Salvage by Alexandra Duncan
  • Origin by Jessica Khoury (DNF at 124 pages)
  • Y by Marjorie Celona


Nothing! But I did get some books from the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment