Sunday 25 May 2014

Weekly Wrap-Up (3)

  • I got the job at the library! I'm now officially a library page! Well, I'm technically still waiting on the criminal record check to go through and I need to call the library tomorrow and change my email address so that I can receive the HR emails they told me to wait for. But I'm SO EXCITED. I really didn't think I'd get it - I thought the interview went well, but I was very nervous and I get really chatty when I'm nervous. I guess they like me though, because I was the one they offered the job to! Now I just need to find another job to actually pay my rent/save some money for school (hahahahaha just).
  • On a similar note, my primary email address broke. I received a notification saying that it had been hacked into and that I needed to change the password, but the retrieval account attached to my email address was invalid, so they asked me to fill out this form to verify my information. Unfortunately, it asked for a whole lot of information that I really don't know - things like "what are some of the subject headers of your most recent outgoing mail" and "what email addresses have you sent mail to recently". Thing is: I don't send emails on that account. After failing the test thingy two or three times, they told me that it was time to cut my losses and just open a new account. SO! I'm now in the midst of the lovely process of switching all of my accounts for various things to my other email. So much fun...
  • I started editing a friend's manuscript. It's tough, but I'm really enjoying doing it so far. I'm kind of struggling not to rewrite things when I really want to, but I'm trying very hard to just give direction and examples and let her do her own writing. It's her story, I'm just trying to help her tell it in the best possible way.
  • Nihal of the Land of the Wind by Licia Troisi
  • Eona by Alison Goodman (DNF'ed at 212 pages)
  • Started The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa
No purchases, but I did get a few Netgalley books that I'm quite excited to read.

Netgalley

How was your week? Did you do anything fun? Read anything interesting? Receive any books you're SUPER excited for?

No comments:

Post a Comment