Tuesday 24 September 2013

TTT - Best Sequels Ever

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish
Each week a new topic is given and weeks topic is:




Top Ten Best Sequels Ever


I struggled quite a bit with this one! I read a lot of first books in series, but have read a dismal number of sequels. I finally managed to come up with a decent list, but some of the books were reads from years and years ago (I read In the Hand of the Goddess when I was about 10). Hopefully there will be some titles that are familiar and some less so!


I actually read these out of order by accident when I first got them, and this was the first one I read. I got the rest of the series as soon as I could because this was so good and I still hold them in very high esteem. The Song of the Lioness books have made me who I am today.

   

I couldn't choose. These books are both leagues ahead of the first book in the series, Finnikin of the Rock, which wasn't bad itself. I'm not gonna go into detail, but READ THESE ASAP. You will not regret it.


Oh, Laini Taylor. How I love your words. I gave Daughter of Smoke and Bone, the first book in the trilogy, a really high rating despite the things I didn't really like about it because it left an overall excellent impression, but Days of Blood and Starlight gives me everything I wanted from Daughter of Smoke and Bone (except I miss Prague as Laini Taylor describes it).


I liked If I Stay, but didn't expect to love Where She Went as much as I did. I don't usually like companion books from other character's POVs, but this really worked. I came to care about Adam so much more than I ever thought possible.


Graceling was good, but Fire was excellent. I loved the characters, the world, how it tied in with Graceling without being directly related. I also really love the feminism in Kristin Cashore's books.


I don't remember all too much about this except that I loved it. All of Juliet Marillier's books (that I've read) have been great, but this is probably my favourite Sevenwaters book. Daughter of the Forest is a very close second.


Cersei POV chapters. That is all.


I get the events of these books mixed up, but I know that it's a great series. The only thing I can definitively say about Frostbite is that it's the book that introduces Adrian, which gets it an A+ from me.


Again, I read Second Helpings before reading Sloppy Firsts and I don't recall many of the events. I just know that it is definitely the one I most enjoyed reading.



It was cute. It made me smile a lot. It was just what I expected it to be. Not as lovely as Anna and the French Kiss, but San Francisco is almost as magical as Paris, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment