Friday 20 September 2013

Life Update – 5 Reasons Why I’ve Been Such a Bad Blogger Lately

I've been a pretty terrible blogger for the last few weeks. I completely forgot to post my TTT (even though I had it written!!) and didn't even bother with WOW, and I only managed one out of my goal of three reviews for the week. Don't even get me started on how little I've been reading...

So, I thought I'd share a handful of the reasons why my blogging habits have been so atrocious lately.

1. Sheer Laziness
The fact of the matter is that I just haven’t really felt motivated to do much as far as my blog goes this past week (or two). I’m behind on reviews – I’ve been writing my review of Cinder for FOUR WEEKS. That’s almost a full month, you guys!

2. School
As you may or may not know, I’m a University student. I’m taking four classes right now, all upper-level English or Women’s Studies classes. It requires a lot of reading. It requires a lot of time.

3. Work
I started a new part-time job at the end of August, after having been unemployed since January 2012. Yeah. It was a long time. I’ve been thrust into the world of the working, and I’ve been trying to juggle an average of 15 hours of work a week with my 4 classes and trying to build a social life. It’s hard. I’m exhausted.

4. Illness (+ a bad case of the blahs)
I’ve had a head cold since last Wednesday that has been driving me nuts. I’ve been absolutely miserable for a week and a half, sneezing and coughing and dragging my butt around to school and work and back when I just want to go back to bed.

I finally gave in today and decided to skip my Friday classes after both of my co-workers insisted that I do so and GET BETTER. I feel so guilty for not going, and I really enjoy these classes so I don’t want to miss anything, but I’m trying to convince myself that my health is more important. So I am spending today sitting in bed with a cup of tea and a hearty supply of NyQuil (especially because I’m currently writing on approximately four hours of sleep. Thank you for that, body-wracking cough).

5. Loneliness
I hate to admit that I care about petty things like blog traffic and comments, but I do. A lot of the time when I’m writing my reviews and participating in memes, I feel like I’m talking to myself. 90% of the traffic my blog gets is ghost-traffic. The fact of the matter is that I get lonely. I’m not good at interacting with other bloggers on Twitter (though I do try sometimes). I talk to people a bit on GoodReads, which I am more comfortable with, but even so.

I’ve also refrained from writing or posting discussion posts because I’m afraid that the only response they’ll get is the sound of chirping crickets. I’m trying to overcome my fear of rejection, but it takes time and it takes courage!

No comments:

Post a Comment