Tuesday 10 September 2013

TTT - Books I Would Love To See As A Movie/TV Show

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish
Each week a new topic is given and weeks topic is:




Top Ten Books I Would Love to See As a Movie/TV Show



First Test (Protector of the Small, #1)  Alanna: The First Adventure (Song of the Lioness, #1)



1 – Everything written by Tamora Pierce (but specifically the Protector of the Small or Song of the Lioness series)
These books would translate SO WELL to film, but they would require a huge budget. BUT THEY’D BE SO SPECTACULAR AND I’VE WANTED THIS SINCE I WAS A SMALL CHILD SO I DON’T EVEN CARE.

The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1)

2 – The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
Not only is it an awesome book, but the MC is Asian. It would be so great to see a YA movie with a WOC-star (I’m not holding my breath).

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)

3 – Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan
Technically these have already been done, but I try to pretend that those atrocious movies never happened. If they were done to the calibre of the Harry Potter movies, they would be awesome.

Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #1)

4 – Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor
I think that this would transition well to film. It wouldn’t be able to capture Laini Taylor’s incredible words, but it would still be entertaining.

The Miseducation of Cameron Post

5 – The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth
This book would make such a good indie film.

Teeth

6 – Teeth by Hannah Moskowitz
Again, it would make a really interesting indie. I can see it: quiet, dimly-lit, with cool and dull colours and a general feel of melancholy.

Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1)

7 – Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Wouldn’t this be such an awesome movie? It would be so freaking cool. You know I’m right.

None of the Regular Rules

8 – None of the Regular Rules by Erin Downing
This was such a cute book, and I think it would make just as cute a movie. Even at its worst it would probably be better than most of the romantic comedies that are being made at the moment!

Pivot Point (Pivot Point, #1)

9 – Pivot Point by Kasie West
This one could get kind of confusing, but I think following both time lines would make for a really interesting movie or TV show (I actually see this one more as a TV show for some reason).

Sisters Red (Fairytale Retellings, #1)

10 – Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce
I didn’t love this book, but it was action-packed and featured two badass, yet very different, young ladies. It would make a great, unconventional cross between action movie and fairy-tale film.

Lockdown (Escape From Furnace, #1)

11 – Lockdown by Alexander Gordon Smith
I’m tacking on an extra book here because this book would be freaking TERRIFYING as a movie. I wouldn’t want to watch it myself because I wouldn’t be able to sleep for a month afterward, but it would still make for a good movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment