My first Bout of Books didn't go as well as I'd hoped...
I had quite a reading slump this week, especially considering I read four books without even trying the week before. I don't even have a good reason for not getting much reading done. I really struggled with reading The Queen's Exiles and The Raven Boys until Wednesday, when I broke away from them both and decided to switch it up with a novella and a different (very short) ARC. I ended up getting a physical copy of The Raven Boys from the library, which really helped me to get into reading it. I haven't even looked at The Queen's Exiles since Tuesday or Wednesday (and I don't miss it). Oh well! It's not like there are consequences for not reaching your goals.
I didn't reach any of my goals, but I'm okay with that because at least I tried!
- Read for at least 2 hours a day: I think I accomplished this most days. I didn't really keep track of the length of my reading spurts, and I tend to get most of my reading done in multiple short sessions during the day followed by an hour or more (depending on how tired I am and how into the book I get) before I go to sleep.
- Read 4 books: Yeah, no. I read 2 books (We Are the Goldens & The Raven Boys) and 1 novella (Glitches), as well as 42% of The Queen's Exiles, 10% of The Winner's Curse, and 100 pages of Eona.
- Read at least 2 ARCs: I read 1 ARC (We Are the Goldens) and read nearly half of another before putting it on a potentially permanent hold (The Queen's Exiles).
- Comment on at least 10 blogs a day: I may have set myself up for failure with this one. I definitely commented on many more blogs that I usually do, but it was not 10 per day. I am pretty happy with the progress I made here though.
- Use my twitter account: Kind of? I've actually been tweeting occasionally, but I've mostly just been replying to people and retweeting. I didn't really have anything I felt the need to share with the world. I spoke with Kat Zhang at one point, which was pretty freaking cool. I may have run outside to share that with my mum because I feel like authors are like celebrities and their interaction with me should be celebrated. She didn't care.
- Write reviews as I finish books: This didn't happen. I wrote my reviews from the books I read two weeks ago, and I wrote (and posted) my review of We Are the Goldens, but I haven't gotten to the one for The Raven Boys yet. Oops.
Total Books Read (Completed): 2
Total Pages Read: 832
I do feel accomplished in that I stuck with the books that were on the TBR that I made for the readathon! I never do that! Yay me!
How did you do for this Bout of Books? Did you reach your goals?