I'm participating in the Bout of Books read-a-thon!
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th and runs through Sunday, May 18th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grandprize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
1) Read for at least 2 hours a day. I'm hoping to read more than this, but this is NOT INCLUDING bedtime reading. I don't track how long I read before bed.
2) Read four books. I think I could probably handle more than that, but because this is my first read-a-thon I'm gonna set a reasonably low goal for myself.
3) Read at least two ARCs. I have a bad habit of requesting ARCs and then not reading them. I'm a little bit too click-happy on NetGalley and my review ratio is abysmal.
4) Comment on at least 10 blog posts per day. This is a lot for me. I'm not a naturally social person, though I desperately want to be. Commenting can be really tough for me!
5) Use my twitter account. I struggle with interacting with people on twitter. I struggle with merely posting on twitter on a regular basis. I'd like to branch out more and put myself out there. 90% of my twitter posts are just cross-posted Goodreads status updates.
6) Write reviews as I finish books. I tend to close one book only to delve right into another, without allowing myself any time to process the book I just finished. I want to start writing reviews shortly after finishing the book, when it's still fresh in my mind.
Are you participating in Bout of Books 10? Have you done it (or another read-a-thon) before? Any advice for a newbie like me?