Tuesday 6 May 2014

TTT - Top Ten Book Covers I’d Frame as Pieces of Art

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish
Each week a new topic is given and weeks topic is:




Top Ten Book Covers I'd Frame as Pieces of Art










Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor 
This is by far the most sophisticated and evocative of the covers in this series. It’s just beautiful. Just look at that eye makeup! I wish I could achieve such a perfect smoky eye.






I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson 
I love the simplicity and brightness. I wasn’t hugely fond of this cover to begin with, but it’s definitely grown on me. I love clean, bright lines in artwork, so this one was a no-brainer.







Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour 
I love the colour scheme here. I’m generally not a big fan of people in covers/artwork, but I like this.







The Ring & the Crown by Melissa de la Cruz 
These colours are right up my alley, and I love the floral headdress. It’s just really pretty and feminine without being obnoxious.







The Strange and Beautiful Sorrowsof Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton 
Again, simplicity and colour palette drew me in. Also I like feather motifs.






Love in the Time of Global Warming by Francesca Lia Block 
You know how I’ve been talking about how much I love simplicity in art? This is how you do something that is clean and busy at once and it draws me in so much and I just want to stare at this gorgeous cover all day every day.








Night Film by Marisha Pessl 
This cover looks like a classy vintage-esque film poster and I love it. It’s very sparse and I like the clean lines of the font.








Whistling Past the Graveyard by Susan Crandall 
I’m getting repetitive, so I’ll just say colours and pretty font make this a delightful cover.







Death, Dickinson, and the Demented Life of Frenchie Garcia by Jenny Torres Sanchez
I love illustration on covers and I think the white font on the black background looks lovely. I also like the use of complementary colours (blue and yellow) which really pop against the black.







Bunheads by Sophie Flack 
The symmetry really draws me in and I think it would be very pretty on a wall.








What are some of your favourite covers? Answer in the comments or link up to your Top Ten Tuesday post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment