Tuesday 29 July 2014

TTT - Authors I Own the Most Books From

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish
Each week a new topic is given and weeks topic is:

Top Ten Authors I Own the Most Books From/By

This is a hard one because I don't actually own many books at all. I get nearly all of my books from the library. I do have 2 1/2 shelves of books that I actually own, though, so I should be able to get some semblance of a list.
Jacqueline Carey
I own all nine of her Kushiel's Legacy books. They take up an entire shelf of my bookcase. I love them and want to pick up the rest of her books to add to my collection. Yes, I accidentally bought two copies of Kushiel's Mercy. No, I don't know where Kushiel's Justice or Kushiel's Chosen are.

Juliet Marillier
I own only a small portion of her books, but this lady has written a LOT of books! I have the first five Sevenwaters books, and I plan to buy her YA series as well (I've read the first one, but I got it from the library). Only Heir to Sevenwaters is actually on my bookshelf though. I think most of them are packed up in the basement though, as I've not seen them in a long time!

Libba Bray
I have Beauty Queens, Going Bovine, A Great and Terrible Beauty, and The Sweet Far Thing. No, I don't have Rebel Angels. Yes, I need to rectify this. I also don't have The Diviners, which I want! Unfortunately, I can't seem to find my copies of The Sweet Far Thing and Going Bovine, and my mum has A Great and Terrible Beauty.

J.K. Rowling
Obviously, I have all of the Harry Potter books. I don't own The Casual Vacancy, nor did I buy the book(s?) she wrote under a pseudonym. I also can't find most of my Harry Potter books - Philosopher's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, Goblet of Fire, and Order of the Phoenix are all missing. I think they're packed away in a box in my mum's basement, sadly. Either that or my brother stole them.

Deanna Raybourn
I was really into her books in high school, especially the Lady Julia books. I own Dark Road to Darjeeling, The Dark Enquiry, and The Dead Travel Fast.

Holly Black
I only have two of Holly Black's books, though I've read many more of them. I have White Cat and Valiant.

Suzanne Collins
I don't own The Hunger Games, but I have Catching Fire and Mockingjay

Scott Westerfeld
Again, I don't have the first book in the series... I have Pretties and Specials, but not Uglies. I don't think I even finished Specials, though.

Alison Croggon
I never finished this series (though I'd still like to!) but I own The Naming and The Riddle from her The Books of Pellinor series.

And I don't have a tenth author because those are literally all of the authors by whom I own two or more books. How pathetic is that? So many amazing authors whose books do not live in my home... I have all of Morgan Matson, Melina Marchetta, Laini Taylor, and Nina LaCour's books on my Amazon wishlist, but I'm the worst when it comes to purchasing books. They're so expensive! And I'm so poor! I covet a lot more books than I could ever dream of affording.

Who are your most owned authors? Are you as ashamed of your measly book collection as I am, or are you a book hoarder? Do you own more books that you could ever imagine reading?

4 comments:

  1. Yay, another Juliet Marillier fan! Do you have a favorite book by her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I'd say it's a toss up between Daughter of the Forest and Son of the Shadows, but it's been a very long time since I've read them so who knows what my current tastes would prefer! What about you?

      Delete
  2. I did once have a full Harry Potter set, but my collection has since dissipated to a mere two...Either the petty book thief AKA my brother stole them, or they have hidden themselves in a cupboard somewhere.

    Great list, and some fantastic collections!

    TT @Reviews Of A Teenager

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My family had at LEAST two copies of each Harry Potter book because my brother and I just couldn't share. We both needed to read them the day they were released, therefore we had to have our own copies. I put most of my books in my mum's basement when I moved out a few years ago and can't find all of the boxes now! My brother isn't a big reader, so I highly doubt he took them.

      Thanks! I'm a little ashamed of my measly bookshelves, but it could be worse. I could not own any books at all!

      Delete