Wednesday 30 July 2014

Gimme Gimme - 2014 Releases I Just Can't Wait For



About a month ago, I was chatting with the children’s librarian at the library where I work, telling her a bit about my blog and how I mostly focus on YA titles, though I like to venture out into other areas from time to time. After mentioning how excited I was for the late-2015 release of Winter by Marissa Meyer (the much-anticipated fourth book in The Lunar Chronicles), we got to talking about upcoming 2014 releases. And I could not think of a single book that I was anxiously awaiting. Which is just plain wrong. So I’ve since compiled a (short) list of books released in the second half of 2014 that I am looking forward to getting my hands on.





Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3)








Isla and the Happily Ever After
Stephanie Perkins
Released August 14

This one is a pretty obvious choice. It seems like everyone is dying for a copy of this book. I’ll admit that I’m typically not a huge fan of fluffy contemporary YA, but Stephanie Perkins has it down to an art form. She writes some damn good fluffy contemporary books, and I’m so ready for Isla to come into my life.




I'll Give You the Sun




Jandy Nelson
Released September 16

I loved Jandy Nelson’s first book, so this one was a no brainer. Also, Jamie from The Perpetual Pageturner approves, so there we go. ‘Nuff said. (No but really, this book looks/sounds glorious)






Symbiont (Parasitology, #2)

Symbiont
Mira Grant
Released November 25

I didn’t love Parasite as much as I did Mira Grant’s Feed (speaking of which, I really need to finish/continue with that series!), but I’m definitely excited to see where this series is going. I love how insanely thorough Mira Grant’s research is – everything that happens in her books sounds completely plausible.






Dreamer's Pool (Blackthorn and Grim, #1)

Juliet Marillier
Released November 4

I wear extremely rose-tinted goggles when it comes to Juliet Marillier’s books. Yes, I know that they aren’t technically perfect BUT THEY ARE TO ME. She is one of my all-time favourite authors and I will read absolutely anything she writes. I do have quite a few of her previous titles to get through as well, but this one sounds fascinating.






Glory O'Brien's History of the Future



A.S. King
Released October 4


I’ve only read one of A.S. King’s other books (Ask the Passengers, which I loved), but I knew that I had to read this one the moment I saw the word feminism in the description. Also the whole idea of a teenage girl having visions of a terrifying future is right up my alley. This is definitely a Rose book, and I’ll be on the lookout for it come October.





Are you as excited to read these books as I am? What other 2014 titles are you looking forward to? Have you read any of these? What would you recommend I add to my list?

No comments:

Post a Comment