Monday 12 August 2013

A to Z Bookish Survey



A to Z Bookish Survey


AtoZsurvey
Created by the perennially amazing Jamie over at The Perpetual Page-Turner.

Author you’ve read the most books from:

I've read pretty much everything by Richelle Mead, and she's got a pretty impressive catalogue of books. I've also read most of Tamora Pierce's books (I haven't read the Terrier series yet).

Best Sequel Ever:

Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta. Finnikin was good, but Froi was incredible. I read them back to back, which is VERY rare for me.

Currently Reading:

The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson, at the recommendation of my old roommate. She told me about it almost a year ago and I'm just getting to it now... Better late than never?

Drink of Choice While Reading:

Water or tea. I usually make tea and then forget about it until it is too cold to drink.

E-reader or Physical Book?

Very unpopular opinion, but e-reader. I use it every single day. I haven't read a physical book (that wasn't a school book) in a very long time, though I do still love them. I used to get really bad hand cramps (I'm pretty sure I've inherited my mum's rheumatoid arthritis in my hands) when I held a book open for too long. That isn't a problem with e-readers!

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:

No one. I literally just went through all of the books I've read in the last year (plus some!) and didn't find a single character I would have dated. I never spoke to anyone through most of high school, and everyone I was into was a ridiculously outgoing and extroverted theatre kid, the exact opposite of myself.

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

Teeth by Hannah Moskowitz. I don't usually read M/M books because I just can't relate, but Teeth was incredible. So incredible that I read another of Hannah's books, Gone Gone Gone, which was also great. I do wish there were more F/F YA books, as there has been a recent surge in M/M books.

Hidden Gem Book:

Variant by Robison Wells. Betcha thought I was gonna say The Storyteller, didn't ya? I was going to, until I realized that I have in fact read other books in my 21 years and racked my memory for another book.

Important Moment in your Reading Life:

Um, this is a tough one! I've been a voracious reader for as long as I can remember. Finding out about book blogging was pretty cool, though I don't remember at all how it occurred.

Just Finished:

From What I Remember... by Stacey Kramer & Valerie Thomas

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:

I'm not into erotica or Westerns.

Longest Book You’ve Read:

A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin. 1177 pages. Yeah. I read the whole series in a single summer. I was dedicated. Altogether, the series is 4849 pages. Eek!

Major book hangover because of:

The Storyteller by Antonia Michaelis. I'm still recovering over a year later.

Number of Bookcases You Own:

Zero. I'm such a terrible book blogger! I have a shelf on my desk that has my school textbooks, but other than that everything I read is on my e-reader.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

Honestly, I can't think of any. I really don't like re-reading books. Oh wait! I read Tuck Everlasting over and over again when I was a kid!

Preferred Place To Read:

Bed. Or the couch. Anywhere comfortable. That said, I usually do most of my reading on the bus.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:

I'm not a quote girl. I never remember quotes from anything. I'm such a bad literature student...

Reading Regret:

Does not reading fast enough count? There are way too many books I want to read and not enough reading hours in the day.

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):

Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan! I've read the first two and a half books, but I keep getting distracted and forgetting about them.

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:

I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard
The Storyteller by Antonia Michaelis

Unapologetic Fangirl For:

Anything Richelle Mead.

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor. Oh my god, I'm dying of anticipation over this book.

Worst Bookish Habit:

I multi-task while trying to read. It doesn't always work. I also sometimes read using my ereader in the tub, which is a recipe for disaster.

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

I don't have a bookshelf. All of my physical books are in my mum's basement. The horrors, I know!

Your latest book purchase:

Binding the Shadows by Jenn Bennett

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):

Probably Shadowfell by Juliet Marillier, though I don't remember. I haven't been doing a lot of late-night reading lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment